You Need a New Boss
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free. And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.
-Slavery in Ephesus was not race based.
-You could choose slavery. Bondservant.
-Higher possibility of freedom.
-Born into it.
-Property not people.
-No legal rights.
-Often used and abused.
How We Work:
1. Obediently – “obey your earthly masters”
2. With Respect – “with fear and trembling”
3. With sincerity – “with a sincere heart”
4. Full of Integrity – “not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers”
5. Knowing it’s God’s will – “doing the will of God”
6. From the heart – “from the heart”
7. In good will – “rendering service with a good will”
8. Knowing I’ll be repaid by God – “he will receive back from the Lord,”
How to Manage:
1.With a servants heart – “do the same to them”
2. Without threats – “stop your threatening”
3. Without favoritism – “There is no partiality with Him (God)”
Is my faith as sincere Monday-Friday as it is on Sunday?